Welcome!

WELCOME TO OUR BLOG about all our family travels and adventures. If you have traveled with us enjoy reading about our adventures together. If you are looking to learn how to travel or take adventures as a family, we hope we inspire you and we hope you find our experiences and advice helpful.
Experiencing our beautiful planet and all it's creations is a great way to bring your family closer together and you'll have memories that last a life time. Enjoy and Bon Voyage!
.

Thursday, October 20, 2011

IT'S ALL DOWN HILL FROM HERE Written by Christine

In 1985 my family and I took in-door snow ski lessons ( we never touched the snow) to prepare for our first snow skiing trip. Eddie, who I was dating at the time, learned to ski the hard way, trial and error. The whole drive from Hemet, CA to Mammoth we informed Eddie of the "real" way to ski. I'm sure we drove him crazy and that he couldn't wait to get outta the car.
So, we all got on the ski lift and headed up, feeling like pros, which feeling didin't last long as I tumbled off the lift....it's okay, I thought, the in-door school didn't have lifts, so you know, I'm still a pro. As we all got to the top of the mountain we realized it was all down hill skiing from here. We just stood there in silence, staring down the hill. Eddie took off, looked like a pro as he was speeding to the bottom where he waited for us.
Well, there was only one way down, so we all took a deep breath and took off. We were spilling everywhere and anywhere. Finally, I was up and not falling, however I was too scared to jump from side to side so I kept going faster, and faster, and faster, AAAAAHHHH.....if I wreck now I would surely die!
We all, so we thought, eventually landed at the bottom covered in snow, humbled and in pain. Wait where's MY MOM! Here came the snow patrol pulling a person in the basket! It was my mom! She had injuried her knee very badly.
Well, we must not have drove Eddie too crazy cause he asked me to marry him on the way home! Guess he figured my family and I would entertain him for the rest of his life!

No comments:

Post a Comment